Local Organizing Committee Meeting of APAN53
The second meeting of the Local Organizing Committee (LOC) of APAN53 was held at 03:00 pm on 21 December 2021 at UGC Auditorium where the following members of the committee were present:
- Prof. Dr. Dil Afroza Begum, Member, UGC and Vice-Chairperson, BoT, Convener of LOC
- Prof. Dr. Md. Sazzad Hossain, Member, UGC and Member, LOC
- Prof. Dr. Muhammed Alamgir, Member, UGC and Member, LOC
- Dewan Parvez, Superintendent Engineer, PGCB and Member, LOC
- Mr. Sumon Ahmed Sabir, Chief Technology Officer, Fiber @ Home and Member, LOC
- Prof. Dr. Biswajit Chanda, Member, UGC and Member, LOC
- AKM Habibur Rahman, ex-DMD, BTCL and Member, LOC
- Dr. Muhammad Mehedi Hasan, Joint Secretary, ICT Division and Member, LOC
- Mohammad Tawrit, Chief Executive Officer, BdREN and Member Secretary, LOC
Honorable Vice Chairperson of BdREN and Convenor of the committee Prof. Dr. Dil Afroza Begum presided over the meeting.
The Agenda of the meeting went as follows:
- Reporting on the developments made so far
- Structure of the Inaugural Event
- Approved Logo, Banner, and Backdrops
- Framed web portal https://apan53.apan.net
- Informing about the Mock Test of the Inaugural program and ongoing activities
- Status of Sponsorship and Budgeted Cost
- Selection of Keynote Speakers
- Structure of Booklet to be prepared
- Suggestions from Members
- Any other business
At the outset, the Chair thanked all the committee members for attending the meeting onsite outpowering the threat of the pandemic. Then she requested CEO, BdREN, as Member Secretary of LOC, to go ahead following the agendas of the meeting.
CEO, BdREN informed the meeting about the agendas and started with the first agenda by giving a presentation covering the details of the progress in preparation and the activities being performed by each and every committee/sub-committee.
As the presentation progressed, the members of the committee kept on extending their suggestions on different items which were well-noted. Finally, The members of the LOC expressed their satisfaction with the plan and progresses made so far to make the event successful.
Lastly, the honorable chair wrapped up the meeting by thanking the members for their active participation in the meeting.